How are you progressing with your goals?
At the beginning of this year we posted 5 Rules to Goal Setting Success to help you successfully set goals and stick to them. Here we are, two weeks into February, and the big question on my mind is how is everyone doing with their goals? I know for me it hasn’t exactly been a steady flow of progress, but I have managed to get back on track with a few minor changes. How about you?
If you’re on track, way to go!! Keep up the good work and be sure to continue rewarding yourself for each success. If you have lost track, never fear, there is hope! Follow these quick tips to help motivate yourself to get back on track:
- List all the factors that caused your derailment. Be specific. What sacrifices caused the most difficulty for you? Then ask yourself this: what’s the payoff if you keep going?
- Remind yourself why you chose this specific goal in the first place. You’ve made it this far, you obviously had the determination and motivation to accomplish your goal, so push through the discomfort and reward yourself at the end!
- No matter how uncomfortable change can be, what you do now creates your tomorrow. That alone is worth pushing through it. Your future self will be proud, grateful, and satisfied that you did not give up!
- Celebrate all your minor victories. When we have hefty goals, it’s tempting to feel dissatisfied until we’ve reached them completely, but it’s so much more than that. It’s your first of many successes on the way to your dream. It’s a reflection of how amazing you are—how talented, capable, driven, and powerful you are at your core.
- Believe in yourself. This is your chance—right now—to live the life you want to live. This is the opportunity you’ve been waiting for. You are the connection you’ve been hoping to make. You are the one you’ve been in search of.
So stay strong. Take action. Be bold.
I’m your biggest fan and I’m waiting with anticipation to say you did it!!! – With a smile on my face!